Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Baby!

So my exciting news for everyone, though most of you know already, is that in Sept. we are expecting our first baby! Yay! I don't have an official due date yet, but the doctor has said the 2nd week of Sept. for now. I am currently about 10 weeks or so, I'll find out more at my next appt. on March 2nd.

We had kinda been planning this and kinda not - everyone told me it would probably be about a year after being off birth control. Try three months. So I guess I'll know better for next time! We are still super excited, we just didn't expect it to happen so fast.

I found out officially on Jan. 8th. A few weeks before I had been having some cramps and just felt really dizzy and tired all the time. About the week of New Year's was when the cramping was the worst and somehow I suspected what was going on. Still, I gave my body a chance to think about it, I thought maybe my period was coming. Who knows, it was never regular so I figured it was possible, but I was pretty sure I was pregnant.  On Jan. 6th and 7th I texted my friend Jaimee in Texas to find out if my symptoms were similar to what she had when she found out. I figured it was safer to ask a Texas friend than take the chance of someone here jumping on the gossip train before I found anything out for sure.  So I finally took a test at home on the night of the 8th, and it was positive. However, I thought I did it wrong so I took a second just to be sure - it was positive! I got a blood test the next day and got the results Sat - all confirmed I was pregnant.  

At this point I thought I last got my period in Nov. which put me about 9-10 weeks at that time. I made my first doctor appointment (more on that drama later!) and started reading up on the baby growing inside of me.  

We told family and close friends first, and Lee made the mistake of telling a few people at church who then told everyone in existence. I was a little annoyed, having all these people come up and ask when it wasn't their business in the first place, I had looked forward to telling everyone myself, not have it come out in a rumor. Mostly I was annoyed because I wanted to tell my work before the masses knew, and the less people that knew until that day, the better. So that didn't really go according to plan, but I was the first to tell my boss and she hadn't heard anything on Facebook or anything yet, so it all worked out okay.   

I'll post some pictures and stuff a little later, but I wanted to update on our news first! More to come!

No comments: