Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Employed and getting artsy...

As you may have noticed, the title of my blog has recently changed - I am no longer unemployed! Since Wednesday, May 21st I have been working as a Marketing Assistant for Processes Unlimited International - an engineering company here in Bakersfield. While engineering doesn't interest me all that much, I love the people I work with and the company seems to treat the employees extremely well. We get 4 wks paid vacation, Profit Sharing (aka quarterly bonuses), we work a 9/80 schedule so we get every other Friday off and each "Team" (I'm on the Marketing Team) gets a shirt and gets to go on fun trips outside work, like white water rafting.

In other news, I'm getting involved in the local art community here, I have participated in two group shows and have a bunch more coming up this summer. At my first show, I was one of the only three artists that sold something out of 15 participants. This is the photograph that was purchased:

My second show was this past Friday, downtown in the Arts District. We set up along the sidewalks on two blocks and there was also food and music and lots of great art. I didn't sell anything this time, but had great interest from a gallery we were in front of. My friend Nyoka set up next to me and she had a lot of people interested in commissioning portraits from her. You can check out some of her stuff at deviantART - she's pretty amazing. I also have a deviantART site, you should check it out here!

I'll keep posting about future art shows here and on my myspace website. Hopefully I'll have some paintings ready for the next show in July, I've spent so much time on photography the past few years, my painting has really taken a backseat, but I'm getting back into it!

1 comment:

Bobbi & Noe said...

i love blogging~ i think it's better than myspace. i'm more mature now! lol =)


love your photographs! do you do any professional work?