Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Friday, April 17, 2009

Name that Baby

Well, for a long time I have been hoping that this first baby would be a girl. I picked out a bunch of girl names I liked and Lee told me some he liked. I tried to think of boy names I liked but so many of our friends had boys over the last year, it seemed all the good ones were taken. So it really is a good thing we are having a girl. Our top picks were:

Keira (my fav), Kylie (Lee's fav), Bailee, Jordyn, Claire, Callie, or Kendall. We also both liked Lauren and I liked Hailey or Hannah, but didn't really put the last three on the list. www.babycenter.com has a fun feature where you can make a baby names poll and send it out to whomever you like. I put all our favorite names on a list and emailed it out - Bailee and Jordyn were the top two names that everyone liked. Lee didn't really like Keira and after I heard what some of our friends were naming their girls, it was a year of K and C names so either Bailee or Jordyn sounded like good choices.

In the end, we decided to call her Bailee Jordyn Payne, and the spellings are they way they are for a few reasons: Lee and I both have Lee's on each side of our families, so by ending her first name in "lee" it still keeps the name in the family and Jordyn with a Y seemed girlier to me than Jordan or Jordin. I still like all the other names so we'll have to have more girls or more dogs to use them up. :)

No comments: