Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Baby Sightings!


Today we were excited to find out the sex of the baby! We went to Baby Sightings, a place in Bakersfield that does ultrasounds on a big screen so whole families can come watch. We had 9 people attend! -
  • Mom
  • Sandy
  • Gary
  • Todd
  • Brandy
  • Andy
  • Ryan
  • Keeley
  • Granny
  • Lee
and me - of course. I got there a little early and when I pulled up, almost everyone else was already there already. I expected a lot of picture taking but I was kinda surprised when I saw the VIDEO camera going....I'm not a big fan of being on camera in still pictures and I'm really uncomfortable being filmed. But I tried to suck it up and be nice for memories sake.

Anyway, after I signed in and paid the fee, the sonographer led us back to the little room where we would see the ultrasound. there was a huge screen on the wall and all of us crammed in to find a comfy spot. I got the bed of course, which was really comfortable. I was kind of glad the lights were turned off so only the still pictures coul
d be taken after that. hehe.

Brandy and Andy were late arriving so to stall for time the sonographer went through and pointed out all the baby's body parts and heartbeat for all who were there. The baby was moving around a lot and I really only felt about half the movement. Eventually the sonographer told us she couldn't wait any longer to tell us the sex of the baby, my time was almost up. Brandy, Andy and Ryan made it JUST in time! She had just started to type the words up on the screen.....IT's A....GIRL!!!! Yay! We were so excited! Both of us wanted a girl, though Lee said his "business sense" (which is never wrong) was telling him it would be a boy. I'm happy he was incorrect.

So we all went back to our house excited and hungry - Lee and I made everyone dinner and sat around and chatted for a few hours that night. Here are some pictures from the adventure:



Getting comfy for the ultrasound.

After we found out it's a GIRL!

Our print out of pictures to take home!

Over at our house for BBQ!!

Keeley made onesies, this one said "A little Payne in the Beach"
Lee and 2 generations of grandma's on his side. :)

No comments: