Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Omaha Trip and First Baby Shower

A few months back I planned a trip to Omaha, NE to visit my aunt Mary Ann and my cousin Shonda. Mary Ann I'd seen last year when she was out here for their annual sisters trip but I couldn't remember the last time I'd seen Shonda. The plane tickets were cheap - only $200 round trip from LA - so I booked my trip and was all set to go.

That was back in February and the trip was booked from Wed. 5/6 to Sunday 5/10, which ended up being a couple days after I got laid off. It seemed to be great timing, I really needed to get away for a few days and not think about the fact that I was unemployed.

When flying somewhere, it's always a gamble on whether or not things are going to go smoothly. Luckily for me, I couldn't have had a smoother trip - start to finish. I even got to use my pregnancy as an excuse to pre-board and get the front seat with extra leg room.

I arrived Wednesday night around 10 PM and was met at the airport by a super excited Mary Ann, who told me she had a great weekend planned out. She was right! I learned how to knit, took a tennis lesson, went to Pilates, watched No Doubt on American Idol, enjoyed an Omaha steak, went to see "Wicked the Musical" and even got to attend my first baby shower with a surprise guest - my other cousin Brendon.

On Sunday it was time to fly home - I was pretty wiped from the weekend but so glad I got a chance to spend time with everyone. Of course I took pictures:








No comments: