Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Monday, May 11, 2009

1st Mother's Day

Today was my first (sort of) Mother's Day! I didn't really think it counted since my baby isn't even a member of society yet, but other people said it does count so I took their word for it. Though today is the same day I flew home from Omaha, I figured Mother's Day needed a special (short!) post of it's own.

On my way to Omaha, I had to take a bus to the airport from where I parked. The bus driver was a larger black woman probably in her mid-forties. She was super friendly and said she'd been driving busses for 20 years. She discovered I was pregnant and told me all sorts of stories about her (8!) kids on the way to the terminal. When I flew home, she also picked me up to take me back to my car and was the first person to wish me a happy mother's day. I was surprised she remembered me but it was kind of nice that she did.

Anyway, when I got home, Lee had a few gifts waiting for me. I was surprised to receive anything, it was really thoughtful of him. He got me a Boppy body pillow, to help me sleep, and a few things for Bailee. He had had lunch with his mom and we went to my mom's for dinner. Next year will be even more special, when Bailee is actually here.

Couldn't find a pic of just the pillow but here's what it's for:

Two onesies and sandals for Bailee so "we can both be beach bums" :)

No comments: