Thanks for visiting our blog! Please leave a comment letting us know you stopped by!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jobs Update

So I am a "finalist" in the Bolthouse job. They are trying to decide between me and one other guy, and both of us have to make a design and send it in by tomorrow at 5 pm. The design is supposed to help them decide. They already told me that the other candidates they were interviewing had more experience than I do, but they liked me and where I worked, and the VP had told me I'd be perfect for the job. So the other guy will probably do better on the design than I will. This really is just up to God now and where he wants me, I guess it always has been but I just have to do my best and hope that is where he wants me.

My advertising job looks like it's going to come through as well, but the pay is pretty crappy and it's only part time until June. After that it's full time but I still will be making less than I made in Texas which just doesn't seem right considering my skills fit perfectly with this job, plus some. Subbing is done in June anyway and I could sub in the meantime and on days off but is it worth it?

In other news, my photography is going to be displayed at an art gallery here in town! I get to pick my pieces and prices and they will display/sell them. I am also joining the art association and will be in a few contests this year, painting and photography - I'll start posting some work here.

Lastly, two of my articles will be published in the May edition of Kern Business and Bakersfield Life Magazine, I worked hard on them and they turned out pretty good, in my opinion. I did some of the photos too and was already offered another assignment for June!

So even though the full-time job front is looking bleak, and my husband gets more irritated as each day goes by that we can't buy a house, I guess there are some things that are worth getting excited about!

No comments: